Utah Insurance Department – Complaints

Would you believe it? Sometimes injured workers feel that the workers compensation insurance company is not following the rules. Utah law governs insurance companies that operate in Utah, and the Utah Insurance Department oversees insurance companies’ activities. The Utah Insurance Department website (www.insurance.utah.gov) allows consumers–including injured workers–to seek help and file a complaint. If you feel that the workers compensation carrier is not treating you fairly, you may want to either call the Utah Insurance Department at 1-800-439-3805 or file a written complaint online at www.insurance.utah.gov. Since lawyers typically cost money, this may be a good option for many injured workers. But you are always welcome to call me with questions.